Mash-up Brainstorming

When I stumbled across this mash-up, I thought it was a neat blend of two things we discussed in class–Mean Girls and Disney movies!  I would never think of the Disney princesses this way without the Mean Girls audio.  Also, my boyfriend reminded me that Girl Talk is a good example of an audio mash-up artist.

At first I was intimidated by the thought of doing a mash-up because the examples from class were so good! I’ve been brainstorming, though, and I think I’m going to try to work with two drastically different films: Notorious and Marie Antoinette. I don’t want to say too much more to keep it a surprise! I really hope this idea works because I think it has potential. Opinions or ideas, anyone?

3 Comments

1. I don;t know what you have in mind, but mashing up B.I.G. with an archduchess of France totally has potential.

And kudos to your boyfriend, Girl Talk is perfect example, and anyone can download Feed the Animals for free, which is a brilliant album.

Looking forward to the mashup madness.

2. So the fact that Mean Girls was a part of this mash up already made me a huge fan before I watched it. Then my favorite Disney scenes came up and I laughed even more. Whoever came up with this is really talented (and clearly has way too much time on their hands) because this was well done. Thanks for sharing it with us. Maybe this will inspire Professor Groom to watch Mean Girls? 😛