Stink Bug

DS328: Make a silhouette today by positioning a darkly lit subject in the foreground against a brightly lit background.

12 Comments

1. Having read this I thought it was very informative. I appreciate you finding the time
    and energy to put this information together. I once again find myself
    spending a significant amount of time both reading and posting
    comments. But so what, it was still worth it!

2. This is a realy cool picture and I think you did a great job completing the task! I also think it’s cool that you continued on with the photo shoot even after we finished our assignments.

3. Ughh stink bugs. Great silhouette though, way to use something that there was an over abundance of. I can still see the pathways to Dupont crawling with them, echh.

4. Great shot! I particularly enjoy how even though it’s a silhouette, you’re still able to see its orange markings in some places. Stink Bugs are disgusting though.

5. First of all let me say that I have been finding a lot of Stink Bugs all over the place this year, and they are such pests!! Second of all I think it is a perfect silhouette(I especially like how you can see the texture of the curtain) , I think it is really neat that you are starting to see everyday life in pictures.

6. I found him (her?) attached to some sheer curtains. The sun was still shining toward this side of the house, so it was the perfect opportunity for taking a silhouette photo.

7. This is definitely a photo for the times. The stink bugs will not leave my house. I am so tired of these bugs.

So is the stink bug on a screen? How do you get this effect?

8. Ahhh the dreaded stink bug! =) Those look absolutely terrifying. I like your reflection of the prompt. When I see the word “silhouette,” I usually think of a person, so I think it’s really cool how you found inspiration in the insect!